Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins





These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are pretty healthy as muffins go. These are not real sweet, they are made with the addition of whole wheat flour and flaxseed meal, both of which I buy Bobs Red Mill brand. I love them and can feel good about eating a second one...and a third.









Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes 12)

Combine:
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. nonfat milk
1/3 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Add to the wet mixture a mixture of:

1 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 ground flaxseed meal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp/ salt
1/2 c. Hershey's mini chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. I personally am not a fan of paper muffin cups so I just sprayed the pan with PAM for baking. I filled the muffin tins probably 3/4 full. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment