Sunday, August 30, 2009

Something New For Breakfast




A typical Sunday morning for me is waking up early, checking my email, hopping on facebook to see what shenanigans my friends have been up to, getting my coffee and then settling into my favorite chair and perusing food blogs. I have some favorites but every day find new blogs with wonderful recipes and interesting people writing them. Today I ran across a recipe that looked easy and delicious and I had one apple in the fruit bowl. Perfect.


Baked Apple Pancake

Ingredients:
1 large apple (or 2 small), peeled and sliced
2 TBS white sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

2 eggs
1/2 C milk
1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS butter, cubed


Preheat over to 400F and grease a 9 in. pie pan (or cast iron skillet). In a medium size bowl mix apple slices with sugar and cinnamon and lay in a single layer in the greased pan.

In the same bowl, blend together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Add the flour a little at a time, mixing with a whisk as you go. Pour batter over the apple slices and sprinkle the top with the butter cubes and brown sugar.

Bake for 25 minutes. Best enjoyed with bacon a cup of coffee and in a comfortable chair whilst still wearing your pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment